If there’s any no-cook sauce you should have in your arsenal of home recipes, it should be chimichurri. Chimichurri is a no-fuss, no-cook sauce that has strong garlic and parsley flavors. It can be used as a marinade or served as a topping for meat, fish, veggies, or eggs. As for the steak, Elijah and I like to buy New York strip because this affordable cut can be on the leaner side and it cooks very evenly and quickly. Feel free to grill anything you’d like and serve it with chimichurri!
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb New York strip steak
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley (about 1/3 bunch)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Salt the steak with kosher salt. Let rest for 40 min.
2. Heat a cast iron pan or grill to med-high. Once heated add the steak and garlic. Flip when it’s about 1/3 cooked through. Add butter and once melted spoon it frequently on top of the steak. Cook to desired doneness, we recommend rare (135 deg F) to medium (145 deg F).
3. Remove the steak and let it rest on a wooden cutting board for 10 min.
4. Finely chop the parsley, onion, and garlic.
5. Combine the parsley, onion, garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and (optional) red pepper flakes. Salt + pepper to taste.
6. Serve your steak with chimichurri sauce on top or on the side. Enjoy!