When you wake up flawless (but don’t want to break the bank with Ossetra caviar), you know it’s time to give your breakfast some glam by topping ikura on your morning toast!
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bread (we used TJ’s multigrain rustico)
- Cream cheese (we love the TJ’s vegan cream cheese)
- Ikura (salmon caviar)
- Green onion, chopped
1. Poach 2 eggs (Don’t know how to poach an egg? Learn here)
2. While the eggs are poaching, toast your bread
3. Spread cream cheese on the toast
4. Gently place the eggs on the toast, then top with ikura and remaining ingredients
-Any bread will work, but the thicker and denser, the better. You want your toasted bread to be sturdy enough to hold up the soft ingredients and withstand becoming soggy too fast
-Furikake (Japanese rice seasoning) can be found at all Asian markets, and some major grocery chains. They come in many combinations of salt, fish flakes, seaweed, egg, veggies, etc., so choose one that you like / fits your diet
-We do not recommend the usual habit of adding salt/pepper at the end. The ikura and furikake are all you need for salty flavors!